Malls in Gurugram and Faridabad Open from Today, July 1
As malls of these two cities set to open their doors after being shut for two months amidst the Covid-19 lockdown; strict government issued SOPs to be followed by both mall authorities and visitors.
As malls of these two cities set to open their doors after being shut for three months amidst the Covid-19 lockdown; strict government issued SOPs to be followed by both mall authorities and visitors.
The additional chief secretary of the urban local bodies department has now permitted the opening of all shopping malls in the two leading cities of the state from July 1st. The mall timings will be from 9 am to 8 pm. The cinemas, gaming arcades and play areas for children will remain shut.
Commissioner of Municipal Corporation of Gurugram, Vinay Pratap Singh, said, “The malls will be opened on the basis of Central government orders and that it is mandatory for them to follow all the rules. If any mall flouts the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) it would be shut,”
A detailed set of Standard Operating Procedures have been outlined to ensure safety at all times. These SOPs will serve as guidelines which have to be strictly followed and complied with to reduce the risk of further spurt of Covid19 cases. Some of the SOPs defined are:
- Social distancing, wearing of face covers/masks need to be observed by all (workers and visitors) in these shopping malls at all times. Persons above the age of 65 years & below the age of 10 years, persons with co-morbidities and pregnant women shall not be allowed to visit the shopping malls.
- Hand hygiene as well as thermal scanning of each visitor at the entry point shall be ensured.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection [using L% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, elevator buttons, hand rails,
benches, washroom fixtures etc.) shall be made mandatory in all malls in common areas as well as inside shops, elevators, escalators etc.
- Use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- The temperature setting of all air-conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30 degree Celsius, relative humidity in the range of 40-70% and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue paper/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissue papers properly.
- All the visitors shall install and use Aarogya Setu Mobile App.
- All shops, stalls, cafeteria etc., outside and within the premises of shopping malls shall follow social distancing norms at all times.
- In food courts and restaurants not more than 50% of seating capacity to be permitted. Sanitization shall be done at regular intervals and tables in should be sanitized each time customer Ieaves. Contactless mode of ordering and Digital mode of payment [using e- Wallets) shall be encouraged.
- Municipalities shall check whether proper sanitization is being carried out in all areas of these shopping malls.
- Challans of Rs 500/- shall be issued to visitors found not wearing/using face masks.