Lets go Spanish – the Olive way with Chef Saransh Goila!
Add a delightful Indo-spanish touch to your festive meal spread with this unique recipe, courtesy celebrity chef Saransh Goila.
‘Olives from Spain’ participated at the recently held IHE Expo with a Live masterclass conducted by Saransh Goila to surprise his Chef colleagues with creative recipes using olives from Spain to create his version of Indian tapas sharing the recipe of a very popular Indian snack!
IHE Expo is set to become the largest hospitality show in South Asia and ‘I love Olives’ from Spain campaign took the opportunity to participate in the virtual show hosting a live Masterclass presented by its brand Ambassador Saransh Goila.
The aim? To show professionals from the hotel, catering and hospitality industries the potential that olives have, their incredible versatility, simplicity of use and the surprising touch olives give to any dish, even Indian!
In keeping up with famous Spanish culture of ‘Tapas’ and Indian taste buds in mind, here is a unique recipe that beautifully marries Indian & Spanish ingredients together.
Black olive kulcha recipe by Saransh Goila
● 400 gm Black Pitted Olives from Spain
● 400 gm Maida / Plain Flour
● 1 tsp Salt
● ½ tsp Baking Soda
● 1 tsp Baking Powder
● 80 gm Jalapenos
● 2 tbsp Olive Oil
● 40 gm Curd
● 20 ml Milk
1. Place olives in a tray to dehydrate them in an oven at 60-70ºC for about 4-5 hrs or in a dehydrator at 40ºC for about a day.
2. Make a powder of the dried olives in a blender.
3. Knead a soft kulcha dough by mixing the maida, olive powder, curd, milk, baking powder & soda and salt.
4. Make sure that the dough looks grey or preferably black in color. Keep the dough aside for proofing.
5. After half an hour, portion out the dough into the required size of balls. Roll the balls flat and top them with sliced jalapenos, pressing them gently a bit like a Focaccia Bread.
6. Now bake them on a Pan, Tandoor or in an Oven at 180 degrees for about 15 min.
7. Apply Olive oil on top once cooked well. Enjoy!
‘I love Olives’ from Spain has been present in the Indian market since 2014 to inform the Indian consumers of the possibilities of olives. India is identified as a country where consumption of olives is steadily increasing. To continue with this positive trend, this campaign is focused on presenting ideas for integrating olives into the Indian diet and highlighting their potential as a low-calorie, nutritive snack that can be adapted to different palates with many different possible marinades using Indian and Mediterranean spices